Just got a chance to check out this thread, Hmm, sounds like we might have an organized activity for the Vegas GetTogether--automatic weapons fire. Will have to get the entertainment director to look into this.

Driving.. Folks complaining about Boston etc should try here in S. China. Traffic signals are only a "guideline" as well as lane markers. First thing taught in driver's ed is to fold the rear view mirror UP so it's out of the way, you don't really need it anyway (I'm not kidding). Very common to see traffic going wrong way on divided boulevards. 4 people on a 150cc motorcycle, one an infant usually riding on the handlebars. Traffic flow is not usually all one direction, about 1/3 of the traffic on a street is traveling at a 90 degree angle from the other 2/3, and this isn't at intersections. Since my company's policy is to not let non-local's drive, I just hide in the back seat of my car behind a book or magazine. But a taxi ride is quite an adventure, ala "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" at Disneyland.

Dumb question, but after having had this "brush with mortality" and surviving, has anyone else hand a penchant for doing things slightly more risky than they would have before hand. Like ok, I've got a 50/50 chance of not being here 5 years from now because of the cancer. But if I jump out of a perfectly good airplane (wearing the "chute" of course) it's statistically safer than living with this disease. So I'm more likely to go ahead and do something silly like skydiving than I would have if I had not gotten cancer. Still not going to jump out of an airplane, but might try driving in Dongguan traffic.
Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.