Having just been diagnosed with SCC of the tongue in Feb, 2004,I am glad I found this site. smile So many questions, so little time to ask the right sources. I had a biopsy of a white bump on underside of my tongue was told 1 week later "Sorry it is Cancer." The next week I was relayed to a head & neck surgeon who scoped me & pronounced me otherwise cancer free and said "See you March 2 for surgery." Between this time & my surgery I had nicotine overdose from the patch (yes I quit immediately after 24 years of smoking 10-20 daily!) loss of balance(related to ear pain perhaps?)and generally felt unwell enough to visit a hospital where I received CT scan, chest X-rays and fantastic care from informative Doctors who then also pronounced me "otherwise cancer free." One Dr. was concerned enough with swollen lymph nodes on my right side of neck to put this in her reports which were going to my H & N Surgeon & advised me to ask him about these & possibly remove during Partial glossectomy surgery. My H & N surgeon said "You are allowed to be paranoid, but I am not going to remove the swollen lymph nodes." My partial glossectomy was successful but I still dont know what Stage I am (or was), or what well defined SCC means, or why I still have swollen nodules on right side of my neck after course of antibiotics post my March 2nd surgery, my next visit isnt scheduled until June & I am uncomfortable with my ignorance as the bump started back in late 2002, early 2003 without diagnosis until Feb 2004..any suggestions? Some of your comments seem most inspiring I will post my pics later. Thanks

01/04 SCC of tongue base, T1N0M0
03/04 Partial glossectomy
04/04 Rad
12/04 Throidectomy(follicular cancer)