Danny, you are not alone. Among all the tests, MRI is the one I fear most, although it didn't cause pain. Like Cathy, I had to close my eyes throughout the journey and imagined that I was in a beautiful and peaceful place. Even though I have no religion, I repeatedly prayed to God in my heart that I could get it over as soon as possible.
In response to your problem of equilibrium,low blood pressure may be a major cause but in my case, my bp is pretty normal and sometimes especially when I had it measured in the hospital, it was very high. I still experience what you do occasionally. Luckily the frequency has dropped. I feel dizzy when I sit in the sofa too long and try to walk to the kitchen. I have to stop for a moment and get hold of something before I can walk again otherwise I may fall. Anemia can be the cause but since it is not serious, I ignore it. Unlike Dinah, I only have such symptom after completing treatment and so I guess something in my body has been damaged by the radiation or chemo. I am also advised by doctors that we should not get up at once when we wake up. Lie on bed for a few minutes first before landing on the floor.
Karen.