I am currently into my 18th Radiation treatment with 12 more to go and my 4th Chemo treatment and 2 more to go. I had a 2nd follow up appointment yesterday with my surgeon since my second surgery on Feb 9th and she said the tongue looked good, except for my mouth sores from the RAD treatments. My Radiologist office is wanting me to sign up for Genetic Testing Consult. I'm not sure how much information I can provide that would help me. My mother had cancer and both of my brothers but that's as far as I can dig for info. Would it really benefit me to take my precious healing time up for all of this? How will or can it benefit me at this point? Don't they need to draw a lot of blood for this (another thing to go wrong)? I asked my radiologist if I really needed to do it and she said if it wasn't covered by insurance don't worry about it. Well, it is covered by insurance. So here I am wondering if I really need to get myself involved in this with all that I have going on. And it would mean me travelling for this. I'm wondering why the big push for this now. I have heard several people talking about it. Is it just a money grab? Is it a push by the govt to get dna data in a database to help solve criminal cold cases, etc?

glenn