Thank you for clearing this up for me. My problem is I have not talked to my doctor that performed my surgery since she called me to let me know the lymph nodes came back clean. I have an appointment with her on January 30th. On the phone she said they got all the cancer but as an "icing on the cake" measure with radiation, she would like me to talk to a radiologist. I had the appointment with the radiologist. He did mention about the abnormal cells that could turn to cancer and about microscopic cells at nerve endings that could follow nerves and form a tumor. He suggested radiation and to consider chemotherapy also. He ordered the PET which I did on Friday and should get the results tomorrow. Not talking to my doctor, and pretty much thinking I had a clean bill of health without seeing the pathology report, and reading into all of the side effects of radiation I was confused as to why I need to go through the radiation especially a lot of people here have the cancer return even after the radiation. Both of my older brothers had Leukemia and one passed away. It especially got me nervous when I read radiation exposure is one risk factor for most kinds of leukemia being that it runs in my family. I didn't want to cause more harm by doing the radiation in addition to the other side effects and still have a 15-20% chance of the cancer returning anyway. I'll keep you posted on my PET scan.

glenn