T3NoMo Stage 3 Tongue, right, partial Glossectomy & Right Neck Dissection lymph nodes negative for tumor. Tumor Depth of Invasion 13 mm 11/22/2021
Perineural invasion present
Invasive carcinoma extends focally to the deep margin
Nonkeratinizing dysplasia, severe (carcinoma in situ)

I see a lot of people going through radiation treatments here. Is there anyone here that chose to not do the treatments? I am having a difficult time deciding if I want to do the treatments. At this point my oncologist said she removed all the cancer from my tongue and the lymph nodes came back negative. In my mind I'm trying to justify the need for the treatments and living with the side effects during and after. But it's hard to do seeing recurrence in people here with the treatments. I'm seriously thinking about taking a wait and see approach with close monitoring. I'm sure everyone here has gone through this tough decision. What made your mind up either way? I haven't discussed with my oncologist yet but will be doing so in two more weeks at my second follow up appointment. I went for a PET scan yesterday as a recommendation from radiologist didn't get results yet. I should mention I am 67 years old.

Last edited by glenn347; 01-14-2023 09:31 PM.

glenn