I need as much advice as I can get! frown
Feeling really alone right now. I have had the following symptoms since March of last year and the symptoms just continue to get worse.
-Sore tongue...started off on one side in the back, went to the other side and now it's all over the sides of my tongue.
-White coating with 2 red spots in the center that have been there forever. (they hurt also) it almost looks like I don't have taste bud in that area
-Constantly clearing my throat.
-Base of tongue hurts now also
-Ear Pain sometimes
-Headaches sometimes
-Sore throat a couple times a week
I have been to numerous doctors who have put me on several meds, been tested for everything under the sun although no one wants to do a biopsy on my tongue (they say it's just geographic tongue)...but doesn't that even have an underlying cause? And why did it just start after taking antibiotics back in April of last year. That's when this white coating appeared. Have had that tested also and no yeast. I am stumped. I have spent over 5k trying to figure out what this is and it's almost like I am either laughed at or waisted my time traveling hours away thinking I was going to an awesome Doctor to literally just telling me they don't know. I feel like because I am 38 that they think I am too young to have any sort of cancer.
Now...I went to get a CT scan of my neck area and they also put my chest in there..and I do have a couple of masses on my lungs. They have shrank from a 9 to a 7, however now I am experiencing rib pain also. They don't want me to have another CT scan for 6 months to see if it continues to shrink. I have called to see if there were any other tests that they can do and they just tell me to go have an upper GI. But I am really scared that whatever started in my mouth is spreading to other parts of my body. No one will listen to me and I feel hopeless. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Last edited by ChristineB; 04-30-2020 10:47 AM. Reason: moved post the Symptoms/Diagnosis section