Thank you Vicky and Christine -

You words of advice and encouragement mean a lot to me. Fortunately I am not being recommended for chemo, just the radiation. I believe this decision was made because the margins on my tongue were good, and the cancer was only found in the initial presenting lymph node (25 were removed from the area). My doctor's say that while chemo may help the radiation it does not cure oral cancer. They are not recommending the chemo and I am not volunteering for it wink. I hope that I am making the right choice.

I've been told to gain as much weight as possible before the radiation starts. I want to drink milkshakes all day long to fatten up, but I am so concerned about the sugar - and I haven't figure out which is better for me yet: Take a short cut to weight gain by taking in tons of ice cream, or eat less sugar but not gain the weigh as fast. I guess I'll need to find less interesting substitutes for ice cream, such as whole fat yogurt - but nothing will get me there faster than milkshakes!

Thank you both again, very much, for replying here.

-Mark

Mark
Non-Smoker, HPV+ Squamous cell carcinoma tongue and in 1 lymph node neck, 4.8 centimeters. Surgically removed March 2019. 30 radiation treatments starting May 2019