Rabbit,
Your post certainly hits home.
I am also 10 months out, and basically just weigh a couple of pounds over my weight after the treatments ended. I was down about 50 pounds.
Actually I lost another 5 pounds the few months after treatment.
I am a man, and I always had no hips and people would goof about my pants hanging too low. So now, wearing my old clothes was totally out of the question, even with the suspenders I bought.
So I bought a few pairs of pants, 4 inches thinner. But still rely on the suspenders. Fortunately, I am not working, so I don't need a big wardrobe, I can wear sweat pants around the house.
So I too, am frustrated by the longer then expected recovery, and when or what clothes to purchase. Now, with the summer coming in the Northeast, I need to get shorts that fit. And suspenders with shorts, looks rather odd, unless you are in Bavaria. 😀
A few tips I can give on eating, from a Nutricianist I went to.
Try to eat more smaller meals, don't drink your liquids before meals, it may fill you up.
If you don't have issues with a high fat diet, try to always add a little fat here and there.
Such as, cook with a higher fat oil, not Canola. Put a dollop of Ricotta in foods. A bit of peanut butter or other nut butters or Avacado, as a topping where you normally wouldn't use it.
In other words, she told me, don't try to gain it all at once, but try as best to amp up fat, calories and protein as you eat your small meals or snacks.
And eat what you like. When I tried forcing things that put me off, sometimes it affected me for a few days.
Also, I found that it is still good for me to try to have Ensures or Boosts, etc. every day or so, even though I am back to eating again.
My daughters use Poshmark a lot to buy and sell clothes, maybe you can find some temporary nice clothes on there, that are reasonably priced. Some were never worn.
Best of luck.

Enlarged left cervical lymph node in neck on 1/9/18. Male, age 60. Had retired from working as a computer technician and a project manager for almost 38 years, on 7/1/17.
Node was removed 1/16/18 and found to have SCC P16.
Chest xray clean.
Since then, PET/CT, slight activity left parotid, possible malignancy left lingual tonsil. MRI clean.
3 endoscopies, nothing seen.
2/26/18 Larryngoscopy,primary not found.
TORS 3/23/18 lingual tonsil biopsy.,biopsy negative.
Chemo/rads started 4/18/18.