Hello OC friends ,

If you can see my Signature here, you will see that I am not new to having recurrences . My first recurrences ( and the spread to other loco regional areas) occurred within 5 months, of surgery for my Huge primary tumor...

But this new Relapse is 1 year after Radiation treatments!!
It was biopsied in January, when only 6 millimeters. Path report read " Atypical squamous cell proliferation , etc... So, it was left alone.
Then it started Growing Fast! It quickly quadrupled in size. And the Pain!! Cancer pain, you know what I mean ?
I
April 11th, I had Double surgery in the Main OR, for my primary surgeon to remove this painful lump/ tumor-- and secondly for my second surgeon to do a second surgical biopsy of lesion beside vocal cords)-- and then hit it with Laser. It's a lesion in moderate dysplasia ..

So, I was not surprised when the head & neck surgery Nurse called me to give me the Path report results ( before it was released to my Inbox) ---"Invasive squamous cell carcinoma with Deep Positive Margins". For oral tumor.

The mass in Piriform Fossa is still in Moderate dysplasia.

Next day I had a STAT , CT scan to see if it's invaded into Mandible.
Monday, I see my surgeon to go over scan results, plan the next surgery, and hopefully get sutures out.

In my signature, I couldn't fit in that I have a permanent feeding tube ( G tube), and that I haven't had solid food since March 2017.
Also I couldn't fit in that I was born Immune Deficient. Yes, I have a Primary Immune Deficiency disease, which requires me to go in the hospital Every 28 Days to get an infusion of other people's antibodies. Immune Globulin. It's a 4 hour infusion and I've been doing t this for over 30 years now!

We do believe that my immune deficiency plays a major role in my malignancy. Not only is my immune system not Killing my cancer cells-- it's not even detecting it in the first place ... Poor immune surveillance....

Right now, I'm also trying to battle a pneumonia. But I am feeling better, in that front.

I will find out more about next surgery & treatment, in Monday.
This invasive SCC is Relentless in me. I am totally negative for all HPV types....
Never smoked, Do not drink at all....I

Just a relentless cancer...

Crystal

Last edited by Crystal J; 04-26-2019 11:58 PM.