Judy,

Your husbands deal is just like mine, but I just had the surgery and believed my doctors that i only had a 17% chance of the cancer coming back. Unfortunately I lost the odds and it came back 4 years later so I went through a hell of 30 days hooked up to chemo drips and 49 whacks of radiation. I hope you husband with retains his ability to swallow because 1/2 through my esophagus closed up to a pin hole and asked for a gtube. I was not able to swallow or speak for three months. My last radiation was August 2 of 2018 and After my 2nd throat dilation I i was able to eat again and refused to use the gtube. I did lost 50lbs and now back to my freshman college weight, but was able to maintain at 200lbs, so the doctors allowed me to have the gtube pulled out. Radiation really sucks and as the earlier posts mentioned, the first few weeks are easy, then your husband will feel like he got the shit kicked out of him and work will be the last thing on his mind. I hope he keeps the protein going and rests and I wish him well and not to have the same results and pain that I experienced. Take care and I give you props in helping him.

Bruce