Hello everyone!

It's been a while and I'm back again to share the progress as of now and to listen to you guys in case you have an idea as to what's going on/ if there's someone who's been through a similar situation before.

So 6 months after my father's radiotherapy we went for the first post RT/surgery MRI scan as per the doctor's advice. The MRI report said the following:

• No abnormal enhancement in the primary site (tongue) to suggest any recurrence. (YAY!) smile
  • Mildly enhancing soft tissue thickening involving left mylohyoid which was not seen in the previous MRI (?)
  • Few small nodes seen in level 1b and 2 (?)
  • Degenerative spondylotic changes in visualized cervical spine. Mild posterior disc bulge at C3-4 level and diffuse disc bulge at C4-5 and C5-6 levels. (?)

I have an appointment with the doctor today to understand points 2,3 and 4 but I'd love to know if anyone else has faced something similar.

As far as the psychological side of things are concerned, father is more moody now. Gets angry quite easily but realizes there was no need to get angry afterwards. He has all of my love and support. He stopped smoking but resumed alcohol consumption a month after the radiotherapy despite my constant questioning. He doesn't drink too much, it's more like either a pint of beer or half a quarter whisky (not both of them together) but that's on a daily basis which worries me given that the doctor had asked him to use a non alcoholic mouth wash. frown

That's is as of now. Hopefully points 2,3 and 4 are not to be worried for. Hopefully dad will stay football fit. smile

I hope everyone's happy, healthy and making progress in their lives. There's a beautiful hymn in sanskrit which I'd like to end this post with:

सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः ।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु
मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् ।
शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

Here's the line by line meaning:

1: May All become Happy,
2: May All be Free from Illness.
3: May All See what is Auspicious,
4: May no one Suffer.
5: Peace, Peace, Peace.

Son of patient with moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue.
Histopathological report results post surgery which involved resection of tongue with sufficient margins and neck dissection upto level IV:
Staging: pT1N0M0
Margins are clear, so are nodes
PNI present
Degree of keratinization is moderate
Brynes infiltrating pattern 3

"Impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way, becomes the way." - Marcus Aurelius