Thank you so much for replying tlc356, Paul and gmcraft!

Paul,
They removed the nasal tube because Dad asked them to. He was experiencing irritation in throat due to the tube.I informed him that we may need the tube again once RT starts, he said we'll again get it installed if we need it. He's more cheerful now with the tube gone, probably psychological. Still, whatever makes him happy. smile

gmcraft,
We haven't contacted the radiation oncologist yet. The surgeon who performed dad's surgery is saying that RT won't start before atleast 3 weeks from now. We will have weekly follow-up visits till then to see dad's status. Once the surgeon says we can start with RT, I'll ask the radiation oncologist about the radiation dose, fractionation, areas to be radiated etc.
Thank you so much for your advice! I will ensure that dad stays hydrated during RT and will watch out for sores.

Hoping that he won't have to go through any permanent side effects.

Will update after the next weekly follow-up.

Thanks once again everyone! Your help means a lot to me. Hope you and your loved ones recover soon! smile
Kind regards

Son of patient with moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue.
Histopathological report results post surgery which involved resection of tongue with sufficient margins and neck dissection upto level IV:
Staging: pT1N0M0
Margins are clear, so are nodes
PNI present
Degree of keratinization is moderate
Brynes infiltrating pattern 3

"Impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way, becomes the way." - Marcus Aurelius