he's getting IVs every other day now. He swallows about 20 oz of water a day so they told him to add pedialyte to his feeding tube. Because he does not drink enough, he is getting constipated. He has to add miralax twice a day and magnesium citrate until he gets the constipation under control. He has had 23/35 radiation treatments.

He told docs today that he was done with this treatment. Oncologist asked if he should pull out pics to show of what it looks like if he doesn't continue treatment. He said no. I said no...even though I was in dentistry, I don't want to see them either! So husband said he will finish out the last 2 weeks. Crazy thing is he isn't even taking any pain meds and we are near the end of the 5th week. He said his pain was a 4 or 5. Docs couldn't hardly believe it. I will say his body is really wearing down just the past couple of days though. He thinks he looks 80 yrs old. He doesn't but he said he doesn't recognize himself in the mirror. He has lost 30 lbs. I bought him a new smaller shirt tonight for something new to wear as he wears the same shirt every single day.

just an update. it is getting really weary for me to hear someone coughing, hiccuping and moaning day and night though. Hard to hear someone suffering.
Friends are getting me out of the house since I can't help him. He just has to get through this.

Last edited by ConnieT; 09-13-2018 07:31 PM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free