I would really encourage you to get in contact with your treatment team ASAP. Dehydration and lack of adequate nutrition are extremely problematic. There are a lot of factors that need to be addressed in your situation. Make sure they understand the depth of the issue. My husband ended up in the ER even with a PEG because he could not meet his intake goals and developed very severe dehydration. I left him with my daughter sleeping peacefully and 20 minutes after I got to work, she called me and we were discussing if she needed to call an ambulance or if he could wait until I could get back home to take him to the hospital. I am not trying to scare you but just to be sure you realize you have to be serious about ensuring your intake is adequate. I am not blaming you. My husband was trying. There are just a lot of parts of your system out of whack. We learned to take advantage of fluids every time they were offered. We had standing orders for them as needed. I don't know if you are on chemo but my husband was and that was another complicating factor for him. I am not a doctor and can't comment on the timing of the PEG tube or if it is needed. My husband elected to have it placed before treatment started to avoid any possibility of an interruption to the treatment schedule. You are entering a difficult phase of the treatment cycle. You need to work with your treatment team to get a plan in place that will allow you to meet your intake goals for the rest of treatment. What Christine says about intake is all true. I am sorry you are having these struggles. Thanks for reaching out. Don't minimize things when you contact the team. You need help. His medication protocol had to be adjusted several times as his reaction to the treatments changed over time.

Wife to DP. DX SCC BOT 1/31/17
First treatment 2/27/2017 Cisplatin 3 times and IMRT
Last treatment 4/18/2017
Clear PET 7/13/2017
PEG removed 8/4/2017