Im so sorry to read you are still having trouble!! If you still have an infection weeks/months after finishing rads then you should be still taking antibiotics. If you have been on them for more than a couple weeks and nothing has changed then you need a stronger antibiotic or a different one that hopefully will work on whats going on. Your doc should swab the infection and send it to the lab for testing to see exactly what type of infection or problem you are having. Then he can know how to best treat it. If I remember correctly, I think you are a few months post rads. I also suggest besides the antibiotics, your body need the fuel to recover in order to kick the infection. Radiation treatments are HARD on a patient. It takes a full 2 years to make a complete recovery. After rads, your body has been worn down so much that the only way it can rebuild itself is thru pushing yourself to take in better nutrition and calories. I know eating is NOT easy at all after rads and the sense of taste for most patients has been greatly affected. No matter what things taste like, unfortunately you still MUST push yourself to eat and drink. The daily minimums are to take in at the very least 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water every single day right thru at the very least your first year anniversary of completing rads. Thats the minimum! For patients who are struggling like I think you may be doing, you should take in at least 3000/3500 calories daily and the same 48-64 oz of water. This must be done every single day. This will help your body to be strong enough to fight the infection and recover from all the damage rads has done.

Good luck!!!

PS.... Please add a signature asap. Going back to reread all thru your posts to figure out where you are right now isnt easy. By having a signature it greatly helps us to help you as we will instantly know where you are coming from and at what point you are in your recovery. My memory isnt always the best (lately its been awful!), after talking to so many different people over the phone and so many patients on here Im just not able to remember all the details of every member. Detailed instructions have been sent to you thru a PM or you can easily get the instructions on how to make a signature under the "New Here, Read This First" section in the Posting Etiquette thread.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma