The hair loss is probably from the chemo (as far as I know, Cisplatin does not cause major hair loss, so it may be the 5 FU). All the other side effects you have listed are fairly common effects of radiation. You might want to look at rinsing your mouth several times a day to get rid of the thickened saliva. My husband used a Waterpik on its lowest setting and with some of the prescribed mouthwash. It worked exceedingly well for him.

Are you eating by mouth or are you using your feeding tube? If you are using the feeding tube your medical team should recommend the appropriate supplement for you. Here in North America there are a lot of choices. My husband was on Ensure and some people use Boost. If there is a dietitian at your hospital, it would help for you to speak to this person. Your calorie intake each day should be about 2500 to 3000.

ChristineB, the forum administrator, always recommends that patients keep themselves hydrated. Indeed, she is right. If you are dehydrated (and radiation does that to you), you will feel awful. Make sure your water intake is close to 48 oz a day. You can find out from your treatment centre if they will give you intravenous hydration if you are really dehydrated.

The effects of radiation will continue for several weeks even after the end of treatment. So, it is important that you continue to keep up the fluid and calorie intake.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.