Welcome to OCF, Jojoba.

Do yourself a big favor and stop using Dr Google to diagnose yourself over the computer. There are so many variables for the scenario you suspected above to happen. Of course anything is possible. Its highly unlikely you have HPV+ tonsil cancer while your spouse has both cervical cancer and oral cancer and this has also affected your daughter. Has your wife had an abnormal pap test? If so that needs to be addressed. Ive been here for over 9 years, read thousands of posts and watched thousands pass thru our website. I have never run into a couple who both had oral cancer at the same time plus the wife also had cervical cancer going on as well.

Most of the population has one form or another of HPV at some time in their lives. Most of those infected will successfully have their bodys clear the disease. Only a very small percentage of those infected carry the 16 or 18 strain of HPV and will have it develop into cancer. If you have the correct strain of HPV to cause cancer you have no way of knowing where it came from or how long its been there. To read more about HPV (correct medical info from reliable vetted sources) click on any of the HPVs that are highlighted in this post or follow the link below...

OCF main site --- HPV Info

When patients start reading from Dr Google too much they start a negative cycle of "what if's". Take your symptoms step by step and find an experienced physician (ENT) who specializes in treating oral cancer patients. This will give you the best chance of finding out whats going on. Im not sure if the symptoms you described come and go. Even if you would be diagnosed with HPV+ oral cancer (OC) that is not an automatic death sentence. You need to continue taking one step at a time to become cancer free (that is... IF you actually do have cancer).

Hang in there and stay busy to keep from over worrying. Good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma