didier,

Just supporting Ed's statement on OCF policy about the point where current scientifically proven medical protocols are gone.

OCF operates within the umbrella of science. Anything outside this is labeled alternative, outside the umbrella, and simply does not exist.

The reality is all things within the umbrella were previously outside until proven. So something that did not exist now does because it was proven.

I'm certain there other ways to treat cancers now labelled "alternative" and after being vetted through science will then be true.

I think Christine does a good job of making this point but adding this additional point along with Ed's perspective would better set the context for the range of treatments.

Personally, I strongly believe there are chemicals in pot that relieve pain and aid sleeping, and promote eating. Since it has not been scientifically accepted it can not be true and not recommended.

It does work and it does alter state. Why do driving laws prohibit driving while smoking pot - because it is true, just not medically proven as yet due to stupid political agenda. This is a specific instance when science will do its vetting and proving and indeed then pot will be prescribed by medical doctors.

Until that day, OCF will not recommend or support or recognize or allow posts stating take pot for pain or eating. Whether it is adjunctive or alternative is just BS. If it works then use it.

Second point. I would NEVER EVER support someone who has not fully exhausted all medically proven curative or palliative therapies to consider pot, NEVER EVER. But once that line has been crossed, any and all possibilities are fair game to me.

Ed is living proof that some "alternative" options work. Thankfully, "not proven" in this case is TRUE - he lives!

This started as a one line - I support Ed but the post made me think more deeply about where science starts and ends and the context where that lies along the possibilities of the universe. Science finds a way to document a subset of possibilities as true.

Do whatever will help you out. You can PM me also but I rather have the discussion posted. Maybe we have the discussion as adjunctive for increasing appetite; I think that would meet OCF guidelines.

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4
All the details, join at http://beatdown.cognacom.com