My day kinda sucked. I was there from 8am til after 6pm and now I can't sleep because of the steroids and I had a low dose. It was being there so long that did me in. They decided to treat me despite the terrible cold. I was falling asleep and drooling in the chair during chemo. By the end of the day, I think I have my appointments better organized. Chemo days are going to be long but that was a bit over the top. I should have just left and went to museum or something instead of waiting there like that, had some lunch. They forgot to give a prscpt for one of meds I am supposed to be taking (more steroids) so I am taking another around the clock. I am feeling some peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet.

Thanks PaulB, Why not tap water? I always use tap. I think I live too close to go to Hope Lodge. I live in Brooklyn but the commute door to door via subway is more than an hour. Driving there, the parking is soooooo expensive and car fare through the roof. I am going to talk to a social worker but was thinking the exercise would be good for me.

Jeff, we're off and running. Remember to drink lots of water tomorrow! I packed a bag of things to do. I was in the chair for more than 3 hours. I was really happy I brought a little notebook that was recommended by Midwest wife. What kind of chemo and how much? I put mine in my signature.

Bring along some creature comforts for the treatment. I was happy to have my favorite mag with me and that bar so I had something to eat. I also brought one of those mugs that keeps things heated and had tea all day. I wish I had brought my own tea bags though as they were limited. I spent time trying to organize my calender and appointments.

Tomorrow, I see a nutritionist too and am hoping for lots of tips for eating healthy. I am hearing a lot of mixed information about things like raw veggies or not, supplements or not, etc. I am hoping we can do some juicing to get in some healthy things.

Also, trying to develop good habit like gargling, tooth brushing, gargling. I think I will try to make a chart. I loose track of what I have done or not.

HPV+ P16 positive squamous cell carcinoma

Oct 2014 found neck node lumps
Went to Oncologist (TNBC)
Ultrasound
2 CT Scans - body/head and neck
Needle & core biopsy
Pet Scan
Biopsy to find primary w/ anesthesia - failed
Second Opinion found primary & biopsied
Biopsy confirmed HPV+ P16 Squamous cell carcinoma
Radical Neck Dissection 11/22/2014
32 lymph nodes removed - 3 positive