QueenKong - welcome to the family, we're here to help. I'm sure your medical team will be recommending creams for the inevitable burns as well as various mouth rinses, etc. Once you have those in hand you can query us and folks will weigh in on what they've found effective. For maximum burn relief Silva Sulfadiazine was the stuff for me, at least for the last few weeks. It's a fairly common salve that's been around but I found it worked beautifully.

Assume you've been advised about preventive and ongoing dental care. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? It's not a bad idea to establish a baseline and I wish I had known about it back then.

You didn't mention whether or not you were (or have) getting a PEG. That too is something we can all discuss as you need.

You've been through a lot, and this treatment isn't easy. But you sound like someone with a lot of courage and determination. I know you'll get through it!

Never hesitate to ask any questions here on the forum or to PM people. This is a family you didn't ask to belong to... but you won't find a better one.

Sending every good thought you way.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18