JimBob - adding my welcome to the group. I'm glad to hear that the toughest stuff is behind you and that you are NED (no evidence of disease). That's huge, and I applaud your courage. Unfortunately most or maybe even all of us have long-term issues relating to the treatment that's saved our lives.

I've had probably 7 or 8 throat dilations and, as Gloria said, they tend to come at longer and longer time frames. So I wouldn't be alarmed if your docs suggest more than a few of these. I'm sure there are some folks here who've had many more than I.

Can't comment on the stent but it certainly seems like an option to explore. The barium swallow test is another good thing to consider, I've had several.

Keep us informed. Welcome to the family, glad you're here despite the circumstances!

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18