I've said ever since I joined this site that I think the mental aspect of our cancer and it's related treatment is probably 50% of the "battle" we face. I've told Moffitt from the getgo that more attention needs to be focused on the mental state and patients should meet with a psych familiar with what we will go thru early on to prepare us. We try to do this on this site but IMO face to face discussions would be much more effective.

We are all different when it comes to virtually all aspects of our journey thru this cancer and even though I often only worried about my treatment vs my cancer my mind never took me to the dark side requiring medical assistance but I have seen many on this site that were. I pray you will return to your normal mental state soon.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.