8 weeks post treatment and things are generally very good. Dry mouth, gunk in the morning. Throat healing ok, can manage most foods. Cut right back on the pain relief in accordance with the doctor's instructions. Energy levels are pretty ordinary, but eating, drinking toileting are all ok. A couple of weeks ago a blood test identified me as anaemic, probably not enough meat in the diet. Iron supplment and focus on proteins and the muscle cramps from the anaemia have gone.

My problem is oversleeping. The doctor has me on two types of antidepressant, Avanza and Lovan. I've varied when I take the meds, I vary when I get to bed, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I sleep for 12 hours and have no energy when I get up. I can function, shower, walk the dog etc but it takes a n effort to get out of bed. The doctor thinks its depression, like post traumatic stress. She has referred me to a psychiatrist, and I see her on Monday. I'm uncomfortable with this whole mental aspect of the recovery, although I can understand with a physical trauma like I've been through there must be some impact mentally.

The mental side doesn't seem to be a topic mentioned often here, but I can't be the only one. Has anyone had problems with depression and oversleeping?

Cheers, Dave (OzMojo)
19Feb2014 Diagnosed T2N2bM0 P16+ve SCC Tonsil.
31Mar2014 2 Cisplatin, 70gy over 7 weeks (completed 16May2014)
11August2014 PET/CT clear.
17July2019 5 years NED.