Hey Don...

Looks as if we are neighbors of a sort. I too am in the SF/Bay Area... specifically in San Leandro... near to Oakland and Hayward.

I had my surgery done at UCSF on Post St., in San Francisco.

Very experienced surgeons. Loved those guys. My radiation treatments were done close by in Castro Valley... not at all crazy about THAT doctor. He gave me very little info about the radiation, what I could expect and what my future dental and oral problems could be.

So....! I am left knowing that I will never be able to have dental surgery again... and that is about all I know.

Anyway.... howdy neighbor... and let's connect via this website, sooner rather than later.

Thank you again for sharing what you know. It's a huge help for me, that's for sure.

Best to you and let's have a healthy new year!!!

Xantippi

Xantippi... 64 year old Resident Manager for small apartment community in SF East Bay area, Northern CA

03/2013 Adenoid cystic carcinoma (partial throat, salivary glands and tongue removed and rebuilt)

10/2013 Large cell carcinoma found in top chamber of right lung successfully surgically removed

01/2014 Cancer Free...Doing well, able to eat enough to begin gaining back the 70 #'s lost in less than 8 mo