The more I've researched and read about anxiety and specifically health anxiety, the more I realize there's probably nothing I/we can do for an individual suffering this crippling malady. As I read posts on forums and watch videos pertaining to it, it just makes me sad.

It truly is a mind boggling anomaly of the mind. Perhaps, for me, it would be best to refrain from trying to help and just offer a kind word and good luck.

As for dealing with anxiety on a personal level, the suggestions offered certainly are valuable. I guess for me, having faced my demise three times in the last 6 years, I'm Ok with things. I know the score. When I was in distress with my first heart attack in the ER, I felt myself losing it. The experience was tunnel vision and the next thing I knew I was awake with an oxygen mask on my face and a couple of IVs dripping fluid into me. My life didn't flash before my eyes and there was no recollection of anything other than the lights going out. There was also no fear. It was just an "Oh Sh*t" moment. And now?... other than a few night before jitters with the scan and scopes, I'm Ok with whatever God has in store for me.

"T"

Cardiac bypass 11/07
Cardiac stents 10/2012
Dx'd 11/30/2012 Tx N2b MO Stage IV HPV+
Palatine Tonsillectomy/Biopsies 12-21-12
Selective Neck Dissection/Lingual Tonsillectomy/biopsies TORS 2/7/13
Emergency Surgery/Bleeding 2/18/13
3/13/2013 30rads/6chemo
Finished Tx 4/24/13
NED Since