All of this is good advice, Stacey. I found that after perhaps 2 weeks of rads I was only able to eat a liquid diet. For me it was the Ensure clones, of which there are many and they will all keep you going.

David CPA is one of the real experts here and I never disagree with him (honest, David!), although in this case I find one teensy little point of departure. That is: I had surgery and radiation but my team did not feel that I needed chemo, and they have been proven right (so far, nearly 4 years out). In my case it was decided because the cancer had not spread outside the 2 malignant nodes, i.e. extra-capsular spread.

From reading many of these posts I've found that this is not entirely uncommon. But as always I'm looking to learn from those who know more.

At any event, I wish you and your husband all good things during this difficult treatment. With your help I know he'll make it through. And please do ask us any questions no matter how trivial they might sound to you. Someone will usually have an answer or at least be able to point you in the right direction.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18