Most if not all of our cancer docs have always told us 48ozs of water a day not counting those consumed with food. Trust us he will make it much easier on himself if he (and that means you as the enforcer) consumes at least 2500 cals and 48 ozs of water each and every day from now until at least the end of his first year POST Tx. Always keep in mind that each person can react differently to this Tx but my guess would be that 80% of us really really suffered from week 4 thru week 3 post Tx. Most all of us lost a significant amount of body weight whether or not we had a feeding tube so please make sure he understands the importance of this.

Also does he have Fluoride trays?

Make sure his TSH levels are tested and recorded for possible future use.

No mention of chemo but I'm sure he will have it. What kind?

Were his cancer cells tested for HPV?

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.