Hi Denise! Im very sorry to see you have just started your treatments and are having trouble early on. Get the Boost VHC immediately, order it today. Nutrition is what will play a huge factor in how easily you get thru this. Unfortunately things get progressively worse as time goes on with treatments. Do NOT skimp on the water, you must flush the chemo out of your kidneys. Every single day you need at least 2500 calories and 48 oz of water even if you struggle doing it, push yourself. I know its not easy but it will get harder and if you have trouble now and dont push yourself you will have a rough time. Im telling you all this not to scare you, I dont want to see you end up hospitalized for malnutrition and dehydration like I was.

Some members take anxiety meds before they go for their rad treatment. Make sure you tell the nurse and doctor everything you have told us. The masks are tight so you cant move, if its that bad a new one can be made. The weekly chemo should not be anywhere near as difficult as the 3 big bags would have been. Glad you are on the weekly doses!

Hang in there and please come back often so we can help you get thru this.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma