Nancy:Let me extend my welcome to you also. It sounds as if the world kind of caved in on you what with the diagnosis and then the unexpected loss of your husband. Not to get practicle or anything, but I hope someone was able to help you with the paperwork aspects of the loss of your husband, insurance filings and so forth. When my father passed, many years ago now, my mother needed weeks of help with that stuff. If it was put on the back burner, perhaps your son can sort it out for you this summer.

I was also very frustrated with the tiredness after rad and chemo. Our treatments sound similar in that respect. What they found was that the rad and cisplatin killed my white and red blood cells pretty good, along with the cancer, and put me on Prokrit which built my blood counts back up to past normal in 6 weeks after weekly shots administered at my house. You might ask about that if your energy problems are due to blood counts that are way low.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.