Welcome to the club nobody wants to join Nancy!

Sounds like you had similer treatment as I did and in about the same time frame. It was no picnic. Don't hesitate to ask any question you want to. It seems someone will have an answer. I joined last July and was member #853. There are now over 1300 members.

One of the goals of the foundation is to get the word out about Oral Cancer. Most of us are DX in late stages of the disease due to lack of knowledge. You can go back and read some older posts about the stat's and survival percentages.
We like to not think about the numbers and think positive but the numbers don't lie.

I wish you nothing but good check-up's and please continue to post about your experiences. Those who follow
will gain knowledge about oral cancer which empowers them as they fight this battle.

Welcome again, Dan

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006