I am so sorry you need to go thru this again!!!! Your history starts out just like mine! We are both 3X survivors. This is the first time I have ever run into anyone who had it in the same areas as I did. My first round was a tumor in the middle of my left cheek and also up behind my top left molar. I was very lucky and have never had any lymph nodes involved.

I noticed your signature says you are HPV16+. Was this in your original tumors? Or was this found in the 2nd round or all 3? Sorry I am just trying to learn more about the HPV+ diagnosis. Ive never seen a HPV+ patient have a recurrence, let alone 3 of them. Usually HPV+ patientss have OC show up in the base of their tongue or in their throat and recurrence is rare..

I wish you all the very best with everything you are going thru right now. It must have been a terrible shock to you to hear you had OC again. I hope it is in its earliest stages and will be very simple to remove. Im also hoping you will recover very quickly and be without pain. Im in your corner so please remember you have me to lean on if you need to. Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma