I want to reiterated what Brian said in his earlier post: "I didn't do anything but tolerate what the doctors did to me each time. "
When you are staring at the survival odds, remember that they include people that didn't follow the doctor's suggestions - waited to long to start treatment, didn't get the neck disection, didn't stop smoking or drinking. At the end of the day, if you can say - I've given it my best shot, the rest is up to God or fate (depending on your belief), and I have experience some joy or beauty (you may have to work on this a bit) - it will have been a good and productive day.

My husband an I had a reminder of the other things that can get you on a trip to one of his trip for radiation therapy in a snow storm ... about a year ago. A big old SUV lost traction, and wound up coming towards us in our lane. My clever husband was able to avoid it - but it was a pretty scary minute. I don't know the secret of handling the fear of cancer like I do that SUV, but when I find myself, as a caregiver, worrying too much, I say - or it could be an SUV.

Best wishes to you, Brazilgirl. I hate it when young people have to deal with with this kind of trouble.

Last edited by Maria; 01-29-2012 10:53 AM.

CG to husband - SCC Tonsil T1N2M0 HPV+ Never Smoker
First symptoms 7/2010, DX 12/2010
TX 40 IRMT (1.8 gy) + 10 Cetuximab
PET Scans 6/2011 + 3/2012 clear, 5 year physical exam clear; chest CT's clear of cancer. On thyroid pills. Life is good.