Anne is right (she's also amazing!!! smile ) rads can be hard or manageable it really depends on the individual! How they are with pain! And how their body reacts to things. I too avoided pain meds until the first week post treatment. Then I used them for a week or so to get through the worst. I'm not really into pills and despite all the prescriptions I filled and that they gave me I just really didn't need them so if I didn't, then I didn't take them. Someone said to me don't try to be a hero. I told them I wasnt, if I was in pain or needed them I'd use it... I just didn't see the need to medicate for no reason. With chemo and rads your body is already out of whack adding to it just didn't seem right some how. cisplatin wasn't too bad for me... The nausea was well managed I did take the prescribed anti nauseants for the tree days following my treatment. And i think I used maybe 4 of the break through nausea pills they gave me. But for he most part it wasn't bad. Mind you the hospital protocol here is 24 hrs in the unit on an IV as the cisplatin is very hard on the kidneys. So they bolused me fluids and anti nauseanrs - day one. smile it's doable. Like Anne ... Getting through it was my goal. smile take care!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan