I wish I could have "forced" Ron to drink more water and eat more cals but some men are just a tad bit hardheaded. Ron did very well with his Radiation, he didn't have chemo this time, but had it when he had Non Hodgkins. Different forms I'm sure. But he drove himself to and from radiation 45 mins give or take 5 days a week. Worse that he hated was of course the burns in his mouth but being tired all the time upset him because he is always doing something out in the yard when the weather is nice and he had to sleep most of the day and always apologized to me for it and I didn't care at all. I told him it helped him heal so do it. But doing the baking soda and salt rinse is a good thing and yes making sure eating and drinking, Ron had a feeding tube BUT he pulled it out twice! And the final time he would not go and have it put in, it hurt his throat more. And yes, not bad the first week or 2 of radiation but by the final 2 wks it was bad and yes 2 wks after the burns still burn. Around then the turn around should start happening. Ron lost a ton of weight during radiation because he wouldn't eat anything, and couldn't he said. I was sooo worried about him, I swear he looked like a starving person and I was so scared for him and his health and his heart, cuz you starve your organs when you do that. I was so beyond myself I called his Dr's office and cried for them to help me get him to eat, he went there and all it did was make Ron mad that I had called the office. They must be used to seeing this happen and just made sure he was OK. It's damn near scarey to see your loved one go thru this and look like that. BUT he got better not fatter but better! I came on this website to "listen and learn" from everybody's past and present experiences and Ron sounds like your husband. He didn't want to know, BUT when he said this or that was happening, I told him I knew it would and it's OK it is supposed to happen. So just keep informed and this way it won't be a surprise to you when things happen to him and you can explain to him it's OK, it is expected. Good Luck!!

CG to Ron
Out of Pain 4/3/13
4/12-lung and under chin growth no treatment
1/13/12 lung biopsy
6/11 recur 6/30 resection #2 Clear margins
Clear 12/10
Surg 5/13/10 neck dis/nodes part gloss/flap R thigh all teeth out
RAD 30 8/10
DX 4/2/10 "Oral Cavity" T3NOMO
12/28/07 Non Hodg Lymph remission 7/08
passed away 4.3.15, RIP Ron, you are greatly missed