Ellen,

It all went downhill for me after my 2nd bag of Cis. I didn't walk out of that dark tunnel as we call it until around my 3rd week post Tx. During this period the pain increased, the nausea was relentless which gave way to less consumption of both VHC and water which then led to dehydration which led to more nausea and of course the BIG C, constipation which was probably the worse pain of all. Once this started so to speak it was like a snow ball rolling down a hill. Towards the end of this period I also started in the thick muscos stage which gave way to the dry mouth stage. The fun never stops with my worst time coming the few weeks post Tx.

So if I had to do it all over again....I would make sure SOMEONE FORCED ME to drink at least 48 ozs of water and 3000 cals EACH and EVERY DAY. Easier said than done but I really think I was my own worse enemy during my Tx and I also didn't have the huge benefit of the wisdom of this site until I was out of my tunnel.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.