[quote=Chetan]Regarding taking 2500 calories, I am keeping track of the proteins (target is about 70 to 80 grams/day), but not the proteins primarily because I do not know the caloric content in the home cooked Indian food. I was curious how people measure calories if it is not labeled. The labels on pre-packaged food make it easy to track the calories on; but since I could not track the caloric content for home cooked food, I gave up tracking calories completely.[/quote]
This recipe calculator will give you nutritional information -- all you need to do is type in the ingredients (and amounts of each) you are using, then click on Calculate Nutritional Information. Be sure to include how many servings your recipe makes.

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.