THank you everyone for you well wishes. I have finished round 1 of chemo..so far the swelling around my jaw and neck seems to have gone down..my oncologist seemed pleased anyway!! My hair is starting to fall and apart from heartburn I am coping well..even cleaned the house today and jumped on the rebound trampoline for a good 20 mins!! I am eating well...trying to gain kilos that I lost ready for round 2 starting on the 18th of April. I must have the record for recurrences...twice in a matter of weeks! God willing, the chemo will shrink the tumours enough for radiation to then do its job. My neck already looks like its been burnt!

Although my prognosis is not good, I am just happy to feel human again after the first round of chemo. It's great to be be back home with my family and loved ones...their support and prayers along with the many who are praying for me around the world lifts my spirits up. Each day is a gift and I am just happy to open my eyes every morning and see another new day! And I know many people who have been given just a limited amount of time to live, but have defied the odds to do so my faith and hope is still alive.

You guys have been wonderful..thank you for your prayers....I really apprecaite it. xx

SCC of the Buccal Mucosa (R cheek)- T1N0M0.10 hour Surgery on 27/9/10 involving resection with freeflap from radial forearm..clear margins. Neck dissection..negative nodes.Trachy, NGT, no rad or chemo needed at the time. Neck lump positive for SCC..again! MND 14/2/11. Waiting to have chemo and rads