My oldest son was 7 when I was diagnosed and the hardest thing I ever have had to do was tell him I had cancer . I still vividly remember him breakdown and cry "but Daddy I don't want you to die!" It still breaks me to think of what he went through emotionally and still goes through .

As I've recovered he has too and the closer I get to getting back physically to where I was the better he seems to get. he still has to put up with cruel kids that make fun of him because of how I look, but he is a trooper and constantly tells me how proud of me he is because I'm a survivor and beat cancer. he's 10 now and seems to have been able to cope better the older he's gotten. we did have him in counselling for about a year and that did help. To me it just reminds me to love on him as much as I can as its tough on them too.

keep your chin up, it does get better, time heals.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.