Samantha!!! I am so glad you are here!!!! Thank you for taking the time to write the introductory post!

I know how afraid you are and Ive been trying my best to help you. I put your FB "event" on my FB page and immediately my OCF friends came forward and added you to their prayers. We are a big family here, we all stick together! When one of us is down, we all work together to build that person back up. Bloop knows, she has been thru some pretty rough days this year and we stand right beside her ready to help any way we can.

Please read and learn from not just here on the forum, but also on the main OCF pages. Make use of the search function in both places. Dont be afraid of what you read. Everyone responds to every procedure and medication in their own way. You are unfortunately someone who has had a very difficult path. Ive been thru it 3 times in 3 years. I never saw anyone like that until you. You have gone thru it 3 times in 1 1/2 years... much too much for anyone!!! I saw your message on OCF's FB page and knew I had to write to you. I knew you needed us. You were asking if cancer can return so quickly and saw some people said NO. Immediately I was worried as I knew it really could happen that fast. Im so sorry it did come back that quickly.

I was also very concerned that you were being treated at a tiny little 'mom and pop' drive thru type of medical practice. Tonight I found out you really were at a top notch cancer center. Johns Hopkins is one of the best. As far as the WHY goes, it wont matter one bit in how you are treated. So dont make yourself nuts by worrying about that. You mentioned you had smoked for about 6 years, to me (no medical background here) that is the most probable cause. In the end, it really doesnt make a difference so lets worry about something else.

Your upcoming surgery is a big one. Ive had it and its not fun. Not that anything you have been thru has been easy. There are a few of us here who have gone thru that operation called a mandibulectomy. I hope and pray that your doctors will get it all and that this will be the end of you dealing with cancer. You are a young girl who should be out having fun and playing with that adorable little girl of yours. Your age is also something that will help you get thru this much easier than someone older.

Thanks for coming forward!!!! We will help you, Samantha. ((((HUGS)))) and prayers for you!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma