Hello all...another worried newbie here.

My wife (45 non-smoker, very light drinker, awesome mom to an equally awesome 5yr old boy) had her routine dental checkup a couple weeks ago. The dentist spotted a small white legion on her tongue that he said is "probably nothing - but you should have it checked out� and referred her to an oral surgeon. So the next day she calls the oral surgeon and he schedules her for an appointment a couple weeks out.

Later that day, the dentist�s office calls and says they don�t want her to wait that long and told her to call back and talk to a certain person who would get them in sooner. So � in the space of 24 hours it went from �probably nothing� to �don�t wait 2 weeks� � which of course sets off flags that the dentist was initially more concerned than he was letting on. So she calls the oral surgeon back and they get in her in 2 days instead of 2 weeks.

She has the appt � the doc says it�s very small, but should be biopsied as there was a chance it could be cancer. He did stress that the odds are in her favor as he thinks it�s very early if it is cancer � so for that I�m thankful. But given her slate of other unexplained symptoms (most notably intense fatigue, random skin rashes and persistent sore throat) I�ve read just enough to freak myself out.

Anyway, the biopsy isn�t happening for another 2 weeks, so I�ve got a bunch of time to fret, all the while doing my best not to let on how worried I am as I realize there�s a fair chance I am indeed fretting over nothing. I�m figuring the surgeon isn�t as worried as the dentist or he would�ve scheduled the biopsy sooner. My wife seems remarkably unconcerned by it all � which I think is likely a good thing � wish I were handling it more like her.

Thanks to all you courageous folks who are fighting the good fight, for the safe place to get my thoughts out. Good luck to all of you.

peace!