Suez - In my own experience with my son's recovery, I found out that tastes can change from day to day or even minute to minute. When Paul said he liked something I would go buy a lot of it only to find out he didn't like it anymore so it's better not to stock up on stuff but just get a small quantity cuz you never know how long the taste for it will last. When I would ask my son what he weighed, he said the same thing: "the same" meanwhile, his jeans were falling off his hips (like those "pants on the ground" people About the smoking, I'm at a loss as to what to do to instill in my other son (5 years older than Paul) the desire to quit. My mother smoked, my ex-husband smoked, my best friend (a nurse) smoked and they all died from smoking related illnesses. I just know that for some people it must be REALLY hard to quit. Maybe the only thing to do is to buy a lot of health insurance and life insurance to take care of expenses.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)