Everyone on here has down days. Some have more than their share of those while others seem to sail right along. Sorry to hear you are feeling low Jim. Its probably the upcoming operation that has you upset. We all get scared, I was very nervous about my latest surgery.

Sometimes OC gets to me too. It pretty much ruined my life. I lost my house, dogs, and career of course all thru my own choices. Being very disfigured takes its toll on someone day after day. I had planned on returning to dating once I raised my children, now that isnt possible anymore. So much for that future. Im thrilled my doc fixed me but while its much better, its still a far cry from how I looked before. What helps to keep me positive is to remember all those we have lost along the way and remember how lucky I am to be here.

Nobody gets thru this easily and scar free weather you can see the scars or not. Oral cancer is just plain brutal!!!! Do your best to count your blessings. You have a whole family right here on OCF. Hope you cheer up soon smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma