Great News today. My husband has finished his treatment. After 35 radiation and 2 chemo he has completed his treatment plan. The doctor was so excited about the size of his tumour now and what is was like when he first seen it. Prior to treatment the doctor told us it was the largest tumor he had ever seen. (20 + years experience) and he explained this to the other doctor present at the time and who was removing my husbands trach. He felt it was a great accomplishment and he wanted to tell his colleague about his achievement. Follow up in two weeks with the radiation and chemo doctors.
I would like to thank all of you for sharing with me your experiences. I cant begin to tell you all
what this forum has meant to me. It gave me a positive outlook on my husbands illness and an insight in what to expect as we took this incredible horrible devastating treatment. There were times when I could not get home fast enough from visiting my husband at the hospital to ask questions regarding my husbands symptoms. I hope I have helped some of you in trying to answer your questions. Perhaps my only experience will be that of a caregiver. I felt I can share my emotional side of this disease. Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences with me. I find this forum and it members go beyond, almost reaching out and saying its OK....We have been there and we know...
what pain both emotionally and physically you will have to endure...Thank you again....Carol..

Carol CG to Husband age 60 Stage IV SCC right tonsil T4AN2B tx rad x 35 chemo x 2 Currently after treatment no sign of cancer in throat. (all clear to date)