Thanks for the great support and encouragement!

It really helps to keep you on track knowing that this forum is here and full of people who understand the ups and downs of this disease.

I had my last chemotherapy on Friday, it was delayed for 3 days because I had a fever and they couldn't track down the source of it. Eventually it was decided to proceed anyway because of the aggressiveness of my disease. I still have another 3 RT TXs to do on Monday and Tuesday.

My RO called me the day before my treatment started and told me that they were changing my treatment schedule slightly to nine RT sessions a week. What I didn't get told was that the 3 lost treatments would be tacked onto the end. I found that out at the end of my second week that my last treatment will be on the 22nd December. I was a bit depressed about this initially but it is so close that it doesn't matter now.

I also got a naso-gastric tube early last week. I think that occured because my tongue is also being treated this time that has made it impossible to eat and drink, mostly because of pain, but also because of taste. My taste buds being fried has resulted in everything tasting putrid. I don't know how long I will have to use it but I'm sure I'll have it for at least a few weeks when I go home.

Other than for the mucositis, fried taste buds and sore throat I am doing well. My skin still hasn't broken or blistered, so I might stay lucky there with only 3 RTs to go! Overall I'm in better physical shape than last time so I can't see any reason, barring another fever, that I won't be discharged on Tuesday. I can't wait!

Wishing you all a very Happy Chistmas.

Sue

55 y/o
SCC LL Tongue 3/27/07
Part. mandibulectomy 9/2/07
Left ND 5/12/08
RT/Chemo
Rec LL Tongue 07/09
Part gloss 8/5 & 8/25
Surg 10/28/09 re mets to R neck & L jaw
RT & Chemo finished 12/22/09
PEG fitted 05/06/10