They have no idea what the rash is, only that is it isn't cancerous. Sorry but no mask. Because it is under the chin, they won't be doing a mask. They will be shooting from the throat down about 10 inches, in fact it will be about the size of a standard sheet of paper. The Surgeon and the RO said that I should be healed enough from the surgery about 3 weeks after to start the Radiation. The RO likes the surgery, but the MO thinks it is a waste of time. The surgeon feels that if I have to go, then metting to the lung is a lot less painful than if it eats into the trachea and throat area. He says that that is not only painful but nasty. The MO says that I have about a year. The surgeon says the same, BUT, with out the surgery then it is for sure only the year. With it, who knows I could be one of the 5%. I am going with the surgery.

Male Age 65 non smoker, non drinker T2N1M0 2 Jun 2008 Partial Glossectomy & neck dissection; lymph node tumor right neck 27 Jan 2009 Modified neck dissection, 26 Feb-16 Apr 2009 Erbitux, 9 March - 20 April RT; 11 Sep 2009 lymph node tumor left neck; 4 Nov removal of manubrium and large tumor