Amy: What to say? Boy this really sucks that it is back again and that you are facing such difficult choices. Ditto what the others said about your doctor. Do not let them intimidate you - this IS about you, and you should get exactly what you want.

When I read your post one thing that came through so strongly was your determination to make the MOST of every second. You go girl. Enjoy every second. I love your positive energy.

I too would recommend getting the patch for pain control with something else prescribed for breakthrough pain. We have the meds to make sure that you do not feel the pain - there is NO reason for you to be in pain - they just have to put the effort in and get the cocktail right.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)