Hi, Wendy
Just read all of your posts on this thread- sounds like you are gonna do just fine in the caregiver role [and it's a tough role to be sure]. My [very hard headed]husband's nickname for me during his illness was "Nurse from Hell". He kept a journal and drew funny cartoons of me with a chart or thermometer or can of 2CAL, or something else I was "torturing" him with. But he also drew lots of pictures with his arm around me or kissing me or just smiling at me. In my experience, your biggest role is to stay ahead [by reading everything you can on OCF] of the game during his rad and chemo so that you are not caught by surprise by any reactions he has. Remember - you need to stay one step ahead because it's not as scary that way. And NEVER be afraid to badger a nurse or a doctor if you feel that you or Steve are not getting what you need in terms of information or pain meds, etc.
You are on the right track. My Best to you both. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: