I'm about to embark on a new job although this one comes with no job description and no training. Caregiver to the love of my life. How do I do this, where do I begin? I don't know anything at all. We've never had children and have only ever cared for each other and animals. How do I care for a real life human being? What if I do something wrong? How will my choices affect him? I took a career break from work to care for him but lets face it, this is a career change. Ask me how to fix your internet, not a problem. Ask me to manage a team of 25 people, easy done. Ask me to care for my partner while he is going through hell, my god I'm scared. I have no idea how to do this, where to start or how to begin. So I sit on this wonderful site, night after night and research. I've learnt somethings I never dreamed I would have to know at 39. I'm still to learn so many things I don't want to know. I pray every night I will do this well and I won't let him down. Please God give me the strength to get through this, please let me do it right. This most important job of my life. How the hell did we get here?

Sorry guys, just had to vent a bit. Having a tough day and night, one of many. Thought it might help to get it out of my system. Teeth coming out on monday so it's starting to begin, although really it began at diagnosis.

Wife to Steve 43. DX 5 May 09. T4N2MO SCC tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes & jaw bone
No surgery
Teeth removed 06/07/2009
radiation 13/07/2009 x 7wks
chemo 15/07/2009 x 3 Cisplatin
last TX 28/08/2009
25/11/2009 PET-lymph node activity.
08/01/2010 CT Scan-ALL CLEAR
03/03/2010-Peg removed
01/2013 left side of Jaw removed and replaced with pectoral flap.
23/12/2020 scan show lesion in tongue
01/2021 SCC stage 3 base of tongue diagnosed
01/03/2021 chemotherapy started.