MS

Try and get him to post here. Depending on him and his Tx, he may very well need some concentrated caregiving for a good period of time during and post Tx. Each of us can respond differently but the majority of us suffer from the 4th week into Tx till about the 3rd week after Tx with the weeks AFTER Tx being the worse.

If he just started Rad encourage him to eat like crazy because soon his taste may go and along with that his desire to eat. He also must consume around 3000 cals each and every day and drink 48 ozs of water each and every day starting now and lasting at least until he is one year post Tx.

If he won't post here see if you can get him to call me at 727-322-5669 during the day. I'll be more than happy to sgare with him or you.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.